Wednesday 11 April 2012

Poetic Diversity April 2012

"Greetings!
    In early 2011, I decided to take a hiatus from the poetry scene. I resigned as the curator for the Beyond Baroque first Sunday of the Month reading, stopped going to poetry readings, publishing poeticdiversity... I even stopped submitting my own work.
    I spent most of the latter half of 2011 writing. I needed that time to devote to my vocation. It was time well-spent. The world went on its own dark way, and I watched, along with millions of other Americans, the disturbing tide of censure that eroded our civil liberties, particularly, the constitutional right to freedom of speech.
    I have been, as the executive editor/publisher, adamant about representing freedom of expression, in art, as in all things. poeticdiversity does not censure its poets, writers, and artists. This magazine exists as a forum for those who need to be heard, who believe in truth as beauty, and as a fundamental right.
    I want to thank the poets/writers/artists who generously contributed to this issue; Michelle Angelini, aka Rina Rose, for her awesome photos that beautify this issue; and most of all, Reggie Ige, poeticdiversity's webmaster, for his skill, his artistry, and his patience. April is National Poetry Month. If you, reader, believe in supporting the arts, and your right to express yourself, do something revolutionary. Buy a poetry book. Go to an open mic. Write a poem. Share the truth.
    Enjoy this issue!"

No comments:

Post a Comment